It was hard to choose photos for this week! So many "special" things to remember that there was hardly room for the "everyday" things which are just as special. :) But maybe (hopefully) some of those extra pictures will make it into another blogpost ... some day. :)
Day 156. Drumroll, please! :) After over three years, we are blessed to be able to touch a button and regulate the temperature of our home. What a wonderful blessing, and one which I will not take for granted. Thanks, honey! :) You've done a great job! :)
Day 157. We are blessed with the most awesome swim teacher ever! :) Thanks, Miss Emily! :) (We started counting down the hours to our first lesson from the moment we rolled out of bed in the morning ... which made for 11 hours of counting since the lesson started at 7 p.m.!) Both kids are doing great and having fun, although the water's been a wee bit chilly. :)
Day 158. Every afternoon about 2 p.m. we have quiet time. Matthew naps, but for Hannah and Peter, it's is as long as the Patch the Pirate CD they choose to listen to. The first 20–30 minutes is "book time" when they may read or lay with head on pillow. Afterwards, they can play quietly in their bedroom. We are all glad for quiet time in the afternoons.
Day 159. For the first time since our new schedule began, Chris and I enjoyed the treat of "breakfast for two" since the kids were still sleeping. (On a side note, Peter, who had been waking up at 6:45 like clockwork has suddenly begun sleeping till 8:00ish since I began blowdrying my hair in the kitchen instead of the bathroom. Funny how stuff like that works.)
Day 160. We thoroughly enjoyed learning about Jewish culture this week, and we ended the week with a traditional "Sabbath" meal. It was fun, educational, and special! :) (It all started because I picked up a couple boxes of Jewish food mixes from the discount shelves while Hannah was reading All of a Kind Family.)
Day 161. Who wants to cook after having a yard sale? With a second loaf of Challah and a new soup recipe, we were so glad to be able to enjoy an evening of fellowship with our friends after their busy day.
So much more filled our week ... it is GOOD to be home.



.jpg)



3 comments:
Yay!! A.C. When I drive you back in July I won't melt in a puddle in the living room? Yippee for me. And you too since that would be an awesome puddle. And, yes, I know you had window units. ;-)
And are you sure "all" of you enjoy quiet time? Or does Mommy enjoy it even more?
You're right; it was a good week!
Your Jewish meal looks scrumptious. I love book-inspired adventures. =)
Post a Comment