Sunday, March 11, 2012

365 Project | Week 10

The Lord allowed some unique challenges this week, but we are thankful for each one.

I am the true vine, and My Father is the vinedresser. ...
Every branch that bears fruit He prunes, that it may bear more fruit.
John 15:1-2

The pruning process is rarely fun or easy, but it is a necessary part of growth, and we are thankful for it. Here's a glimpse of our week ...

Day 64. Hannah wanted to use an offering envelope for her church offering today. I wanted to remember her creative effort to communicate $3.05. :) I am thankful for her desire to give.
Day 65. After rest time, Peter came out to talk with me while I was folding laundry and to show me the cross he had made from Tinker Toys. My heart melted when he propped his chin on his hands to continue carrying on his conversation. I asked him to freeze so I could grab the camera and capture his sweetness. :)Day 66. Mmmmmm! Who wants a dry, pre-packaged, processed cookie in their lunch when you can have homemade??? To offset the time factor, Hannah and Mommy made a double batch of cookie dough and froze 2/3's of that into balls. Warm, homemade chocolate chip cookies in 11 minutes anyone? :)Day 67. Guess who's growing up?!?!?Day 68. Hannah-bug had some hard lessons to learn about trustworthiness this week. So thankful for the godly teachers who are partnering with us in raising our munchkins for God's glory. And so thankful for God's gracious answers to prayer.
Day 69. Matthew loves tractors. LOVES them. It's going to be a sad, sad day when Grandpa's tractor goes back home. (For the record, he can climb up onto the seat of Grandpa's tractor all by himself. Nope. I didn't see it happen. Just found him on the seat ... happy as a clam.) :}Day 70. Camera appreciation day! Hannah and Peter were invited to their friend's birthday party, and Mommy forgot her camera. It may be blurry, but my camera phone was at least able to capture their smiles to remember the fun they had playing air-hockey. :)

1 comment:

pmartens616 said...

Maybe the tractor will have to come back for the occasional visit. Just like an adult...elbows on the table, fully engrossed in the conversation.