Sunday, September 4, 2011

Busy with a Capital B

Seriously. Could he be any cuter? I realize I may be slightly bias (eh-hem ...), but this little guy is adorable. And Busy. Very. Very. Busy.

Just the usual stuff ... rain gutters ...

lawnmowers ... sticks (lots of sticks ... and balls and Legos and tractors and trucks) ...

tooth brushes (he moved and climbed on the stool, by himself, in order to achieve his intended goal of brushing his teeth ... with (eh-hem) his sister's toothbrush) ... chin-ups ...

more sticks ... and Toby ...

and walking. Everywhere. And anywhere. On the path less travelled. As fast as possible. And on my own, thank you very much. This little guy is keeping me on my toes ... literally. He seems to manage to be everywhere at once. By the Lord's grace, he's doing well at learning his boundaries, so he's not generally getting into "trouble" or even "mischief" perse, but he can manage in five minutes to leave a distinct toddler impression upon ten areas of the house.



And he does it all with this most adorable, melt-your-heart grin.



That's my little man.



We love you to pieces ...
and your nickname of Monkey is quite appropriate these days. :o)



:::



We do appreciate your prayers for his safety as he explores his world and for Mommy to have grace to consistently respond with love and patience (and an eye to see training opportunities rather than interruptions). I am most definitely tempted to respond otherwise on a somewhat more regular basis than I'd like to admit. Or rather, I am sometimes rather much too thankful for snack times, nap times, and playpens (although all three definitely have their place.) :o)