Things like first lollies ...
Lego cities,
Complete with Cair Paravel ...
Walking at 15-1/2 months ...
The return of the giggle game ...
Bubble fun ...
Storytime with big sister ...
Toby-love ...
Budding artists ...
Water bottle fascinations ...
Homemade alphabet books ...
Haircuts ...
Swings ...
I am thankful for my camera. I am thankful for the memories it captures for me to remind me of what's truly important. All of the "big" things are important, but the hearts of my children are much more so. Right at the moment, we are in the midst of some major changes in our family, and honestly, there have been some hard days. For a lot of reasons.
Briefly, my heart wants to be homeschooling this year, but the Lord has made it very clear that that is not His will for our family right now. And that's okay. Because more than anything, I want the Lord's will for our lives. I know that His way is perfect. But, that doesn't mean it's always easy.
So, with those struggles in the background, and the hourly giving of those desires back to the Lord, we have also had a major schedule change with the start of school. I tend to be very organized (ummm, ... that may be an understatement), and I like schedules. A lot. And I find it rather challenging when they get turned upside down on me. So, I'm adjusting. Slowly. Some days better than others. And my brain tells me that the new schedule has the potential to be "better" than the old, but at the moment, life hasn't caught up to it yet.
So, I am thankful for my camera. Because in the midst of all of that (and a hundred other things, including poison ivy), I need to be reminded that my munchkins' hearts are most important.

3 comments:
I love that picture of Matthew with his lollipop -- so precious!
Often we know that the Lord is crafting changes in our life and we can see the shifting that results, but we can't see His end goal or understand the 'why's...it is difficult in the midst of the changing, but His end product is always amazingly beyond anything we could have imagined. (This is a lesson that I am continually learning!) Hang in there.
Thank you, Marsel.
Smooth circumstances do not refine us. Looking back you will see the wisdom of God's leading; rest in His timing. Love the pics of the kids!
Post a Comment