I am a mommy.
A mommy with three wonderfully busy, curious, creative children ...
One of whom is learning to walk ...
And interested in investigating his world ...
And has two older siblings who like creating things ...
Analyzing things ...
Discovering geography with Toby's water ...
("I made the United States, Mommy!!")

Creatively cleaning ...

Making music ...

and flip-flops ...
Building "a machine that goes into the woods and kills bad animals and turns them into food" ...
or an indoor tent with Daddy ... 
Reading ...
Learning ...
to write his name!
Designing houses ...
Cutting complex shapes ...
and are growing up way too fast!
In the midst of the "ordinary" activities, we've enjoyed fun "summer" activities, like biking ...
Moving dirt ...
and getting wet ...









And then, yes, the little guy again ...
the one with the super sweet personality with a grin to match ...
who claps whenever he's excited ...
still loves balloons ...



who claps whenever he's excited ...
still loves balloons ...
wants to do whatever big brother and sister are doing ...

or be wherever they are ...

Yep.
He's the one. :o)
And presently in a very busy season of life and enjoying (most) every moment of it.
(Or trying to anyway!)
(Or trying to anyway!)
So, if you wondered if I dropped off the planet, I didn't.
We did drop out of state for a wonderful family vacation which I shall share more about later, but mostly,
I've just been busy enjoying being a mommy.
:o)
This is the day that the Lord has made;
let us rejoice and be glad in it!
Ps. 118:24
let us rejoice and be glad in it!
Ps. 118:24
And my favorite passage as morning dawns ...
"Be blessed with children ...
as thy days, so shall thy strength be."
Deut. 33:24-25
as thy days, so shall thy strength be."
Deut. 33:24-25



4 comments:
Thank you, Jenny for this post. It was a blessing to me. It can be so easy to focus on all the messes and all the things I don't get done. What a good reminder to cherish each moment and enjoy all the little stages they go through, no matter how messy or tiring they may be. God truly is good to give us children. Thank you for reminding me of this today! :) I'm glad to see you all are doing well! :)
I am so glad, Jen! Thank you for sharing. And trust me, I definitely go through all those same feelings ... all too often on an hourly basis. But I'm learning. And rejoicing. :o)
Love this post! It's easy to forget that motherhood is a gift from God (especially during the 3 am feeding...) and we are so blessed with the little lives He has entrusted to our care. Thanks for bringing my focus back to what's important!
I'm so glad, Janie! And thank you, too, for sharing your blessing. They're only tiny once--cherish these days!
Post a Comment