Friday, April 1, 2011

This Moment ~ Closed Doors

Monkey's semi-permanent position when Hannah and Peter are outside playing:He doesn't understand that Mommy locks the door to keep him safe. He'd rather be outside.


Unfortunately, we now have the following signs on our basement door (five of them in various positions ...), because it was not closed and he tumbled to the bottom last night. VERY VERY SCARY.

We are SO thankful for God's protection!!!!

:::

Sometimes I suspect I may be like Monkey though. God closes a door, and I don't understand why. I'd really really really really like it to be open. But it's not. And for all my asking, God continues to leave it closed. I think it may be good to consider that my Heavenly Father knows what is best for me, and knows more than I do about what's beyond that door.


Help me, Lord, to be content with the doors You leave closed.

:::

For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope.

Jeremiah 29:11

2 comments:

Joanna said...

Tears in my eyes. Thank you for this reminder. So many times I think I know better than God, but I don't. Thank you!!

cj and family said...

Blessings, Joanna. Praying for you.