Wednesday, February 2, 2011

I changed my mind.

When we moved into our current home, we were scrambling to finish some major renovation projects. (Removing a chimney from the middle of the kitchen was just a small part of it!) We had remodeled the kitchen in our previous home, and since I really liked that one, I basically copied it the second time around. Including white appliances. Well, a second-hand white fridge and a new white dishwasher.

To facilitate cash flow, however, we salvaged the stove from the original kitchen. It wasn't pretty, but it was quite functional. And it happened to be black.

And after living here for two years, I decided that I really liked black appliances better than white appliances.

So when I found a very good deal on a set of almost-new second-hand black appliances, my very gracious husband was willing to go to the trouble with me of swapping out the fridge as well.

Don't they look nice? :o) I am very excited! It was a very good deal regardless, but Lord willing, once we resell the old ones, we'll have come out for a little less than it would have cost us to buy a new stove. (Which my hubby had been investigating over Christmas!)

I'm keeping my eyes open for a black dishwasher as well, but I'm going to be picky since I really like the model I have. :o) I can wait. :o)

And to add to the fun, we visited our local park for a "Mystery Adventure" with the kids on our way to get the appliances. It's been a while! :o)

So what have you changed your mind about? :o)

7 comments:

Garth and Becky said...

What a beautiful kitchen! Thank you for sharing your pictures. I'm looking forward to having a home of our own where we can change things to match our own tastes.

cj and family said...

Thank you, Becky! :o) And let me know if you're ever needing ktichen cabinets--I have an excellent, cost-effective source. :o)

Marsel said...

Nice! The black appliances accentuate the countertops nicely.

cj and family said...

Thanks, Marsel! :o)

Peggy said...

Hmmm. Reminds me a whole lot of some other kitchen I know. You may have had the paint first, but I had the appliances. :-) I really like the way the stove and microwave look together.

Robin said...

Like your new appliances!

Robin said...

I like your new appliances!