Thursday, October 21, 2010

Hannah's 1st PBJ

The other day Hannah asked me if she could help make lunches, specifically sandwiches. It was a first, but I'm happy to encourage helpfulness, so I set her to her task ...

She definitely enjoyed herself! It turns out that one of the other students in her class had told about helping make sandwiches and it took them one whole hour! She was mildly disappointed to learn it didn't take her quite that long ... I tried to make the fact that it only took her 25 minutes as a positive thing. Didn't quite work.
Here's her finished creation. :o)
It tasted good ... just a might sticky. :o)

Toby thoroughly enjoyed the excess peanut butter we scraped from the counters and put on his special toy for him.
She hasn't asked about helping make sandwiches again. Should she, I'll be glad to let her help. I think I'll wait a few more years before I ask her though. :o) Counting carrots, matching socks, and folding towels are right at her current skill levels. :o)

4 comments:

Delighted Hands said...

A good way to dabble at the chore...

Marsel said...

Allowing her to try her hand at these tasks is a wonderful thing for her and for you! Glad you let her try.

Robin said...

Mommy's little helper!

Peggy said...

Ah, to still be disappointed that something takes less time than you think it will. :-)