:::
I did not completely and utterly forget school pictures on Monday morning, thus sending my daughter to school for her K5 pictures in a neat, but very ordinary outfit with hair which she had brushed and styled herself with a headband.
I did not fail to have the thought of school pictures even cross my mind until a friend at work who also has a child in K5 asked me, "So, is Hannah excited about school pictures today?"
And if I had reacted in astonishment to the realization of aforementioned school pictures, the ladies in the office would not have had many good chuckles at my expense, with the comforting words that it made them feel better to have me forget such a thing.
And if I had done such a thing, I certainly would not have forgotten to take a picture of her after school to at least document the occasion.
Nope, not me. :o)
And although lacking the aforementioned picture, at least you can enjoy some other cute pictures of our kiddoes ...

Lest anyone think I "have it all together."
I stand on record.
I don't.
:o)
P.S. - The one consolation is that Peter's school pictures were not scheduled for the same day. He was wearing camo Monday morning.


7 comments:
It would be so nice to be perfect, wouldn't it?! Thankfully, our husbands and children love us despite our lack of perfection. :)
And I did not forget to take your first day of school picture until you got off the bus; dress ribbon trailing behind you, socks half up, half down, nice neat pony tails not so nice and neat......and I still have the proof. :-)
Ahh! I had forgotten that!!! Thanks Mom! :o) I feel somewhat better now! :o)
The Lord uses these simple things to keep us humble!
You make me laugh. Of course, I am laughing with you, not at you. I have had a lot of those moments lately. :P
"IS THAT TODAY?" comes out of my mouth more than I want to admit.
Jenny, it happened to me for K4. This year we only left the comb sitting on the table instead of in the backpack. But last year, Jonathan wasn't even in a "neat" outfit--he was in a stained, beloved way too big CSX T-shirt that got crooked on his shoulders for the pic. Hair not combed. My consolation was that at least it documented his love of trains. =) But, combine it all with a weird smile, and I just took a photo of the photos when they came. =)
Post a Comment