About 10:30 Chris was taking something upstairs and found Hannah sitting at the top. He asked her what she needed, and she very simply said, "Daddy, I have something to tell you. And it's very special . . .
I asked Jesus to come into my heart and save me!"
I didn't know about any of this and was quite puzzled when Chris came and told me I needed to go upstairs because Hannah had something she wanted to tell me. (I was thinking along the lines of a bad dream, bugs, etc.) When I quietly crept in and sat next to her, she asked me if Daddy had told me. I said that Daddy had told me she had something she wanted to tell me, and with a big smile she repeated the same testimony, "I asked Jesus to come into my heart and save me!" I can't even express my exceeding great joy--tears simply rolled down my cheeks! We pray for each of our children daily, but in recent days have been especially burdened for Hannah because we have known she understood the Gospel, but had not made it her own.
Chris asked her why she needed to be saved, and with clear understanding she simply answered, "Because I sin sometimes." How true. As do we all.
:::
For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God.
Romans 3:23
Romans 3:23
:::
For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.
Romans 6:23
Romans 6:23
:::
For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
John 3:16
John 3:16
:::
All of us are sinners, and the penalty of our sin is death--separation from God in Hell. But God in His mercy offers us salvation through His Son Jesus Christ who bore the penalty of our sin through His death on the cross. He was buried and rose again and lives today! He offers to each of us the gift of salvation to those who will accept it . . . that is very special indeed!
:::
For whosever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.
Romans 10:13
Romans 10:13
:::
Hannah wanted to be able to share this wonderful news with our family and friends on our blog, so she asked me to write out the words, and she typed up her testimony on the computer:
We pray that you too know the blessing of salvation! We would have no greater joy than to share this greatest gift with you if you have never received the salvation freely offered by our Savior.:::
For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast.
Ephesians 2:8-9
Ephesians 2:8-9
:::

4 comments:
The angels in heaven are still singing......
"I have no greater joy..."!
Praising our Heavenly Father with you! What a fun and precious way to document her salvation!
Hannah, Grandma and Grandpa are so full of love for you at this special moment in your life, that words do not do this justice. We love you.
Post a Comment