Total spent: $16.23
Retail: $61.08
For an average savings of 73% :o)
For nearly everything I had coupons to combine with "Buy 1 Get 1" sales. :o) My favorite deal is the yogurt . . . $0.25 for each package of 4 containers. We've rotated through about three different varities of these "four packs" now, and each time I've stocked up during B1G1 sales with 4-6 packages and that last us till the next brand goes on sale. :o) Everybody but me enjoys yogurt, so my family is very glad for these particular deals. And, at $0.19 each for the veggies, I can't complain about that either. :o)
Actually, just tonight I was reminded again of how thankful I am for the deals I'm able to get with coupons. I'm fighting what I believe is a sinus infection which has followed a rather nasty cold. Needless to say I haven't really felt much like cooking. My menu plan for the week had a crockpot meal listed for this evening, which I simply did not feel like preparing around 2:00 this afternoon. So I decided to bump a stovetop dinner from later in the week. Maybe I'd feel a bit more like cooking around 5:00 . . . Well. I didn't. At all.
At 5:15 I'm staring around my kitchen realizing my family was hungry--for that matter, I was hungry. And cereal for dinner just doesn't appeal to me. And I had already pulled a frozen pizza out earlier this weekend when a similar predictament struck. (And the leftovers from previous meals were long gone.) So I'm staring through the cupboards and the fridge and freezer straining to find something that seems remotely appealing but requires next to no effort. And I spy in the freezer behind my well-stocked shelf of frozen chicken a Bertolli Skillet Dinner--something fancy with shells and chicken and spinach which the kids probably wouldn't like but which sounded absolutely delicious and bragged "Ready in 10 minutes!" Adults covered. Kids . . . I had multiple healthy canned soups in the cupboard, so I let Hannah pick one and both of them were thrilled with Campbell's Healthy Harvest "Creamy Chicken Afredo" soup. Then for a side dish I pulled out a microwaveable package of Green Giant's Peas with Butter Sauce. A reasonably nutritious dinner with almost no effort or cleanup. At retail, it would have cost around $10. I picked everything up at various sales for around $3. And it's just been sitting there waiting for "such a time as this." And for tomorrow, I now have chili in the crockpot. It really isn't hard at all to prepare, and after a good dinner, I had a bit more energy to pull it together. So now I have at least two more meals covered. Maybe by then I'll feel like cooking again. :o) For now I'm thankful the Lord had me covered. :o)

2 comments:
Great savings!
Hope you're feeling better Jenny!
So sorry you aren't feeling well. I'm in the same boat. Had to go grocery shopping but would rather have sat with the blanket. Dinner is easy. Even Dad can put it together!!
Post a Comment