Whew! It was an "out of the frying pan and into the fire" kind of week. Vacation recovery + no upstairs bathroom + VBS + huge work project for Daddy = Very Crazy Week. :) But, some weeks are like that. ;)
Day 190. I realized how very thankful I am for our church family after having been gone for a few weeks. It was so good to be welcomed back and realize we had been missed. And I am so thankful for our Pastor's solid preaching! What a blessing! :)
Day 191. Just before we drove her to the airport, Grandma treated us to lunch at her favorite "only in SC" restaurant. :) We love you, Grandma! :) Thanks for driving down with us.
Day 192. As I mentioned, it was VBS week ... the kids had a blast! :) And it was really exciting to see the Lord answer very specific prayers throughout the week. :)
Day 193. We do not have a DVD player in our van, but we do take full-advantage of our CD player. I stocked up on a fresh bunch of audio-books before vacation. In particular, we all enjoyed listening to three books about Clementine--a precocious 3rd grader with a big heart and a penchant for trouble. I was tickled on Wednesday when my kids decided to make their bedroom "look like a magazine picture" during their rest time. They did a pretty good job, too, with their very neat bookshelf being the crowning glory! Thanks, Clementine! :)
Day 194. Hannah thoroughly enjoyed spending the afternoon with Eliza, her BFF from school! :)
Day 195. Cow Appreciation Day! :) It's the first time we did it without Daddy, but since he didn't get home till after midnight, I guess it's a good thing we didn't try to wait for him. ;)
My baby albino cow wasn't too keen on spots, but he did enjoy his ice cream. :)
Day 196. My hubby and I thoroughly enjoyed ending the week with a date night! :) It was nice to catch up again after being ships in the night for a couple weeks running.
And since I don't think things could get much busier, I'm hoping for a somewhat quieter week ... time to get some serious planning done for the upcoming school year.









3 comments:
A bedroom that looks like a magazine. Did that last more than a day? But that just goes to show how well they listen Good job Hannah and Peter.
Actually, the shelves are still neat, amazingly enough. The rest of the bedroom ... not so much. ;)
Glad you're back and that you had a great few weeks!
Post a Comment