Sunday, December 11, 2011

Really, Mom?

Matthew loves all things truck. Truck books, truck pictures, trucks on the road, trucks in the yard (i.e. tractors.) Truck, truck, truck. He loves trucks. Really, anything with wheels.

So one evening as I preparing dinner and he was pointing at the computer and pleading for "truck, truck, truck," I decided to indulge his desire to look at the John Deere slide show Daddy had discovered the other day.

However, Daddy also introduced him to the mouse that day. Mouse + Matthew + Daddy is one thing. Mouse + Matthew + Mommy making dinner is another thing entirely.

However, as he sat at the computer, the mouse quickly became of greater importance than the tractors in Matthew's opinion. So Mommy compromised. And retrieved the mouse from Daddy's laptop and "plugged it in" ... at Matthew's request.


Yes, I "plugged it in" to the lamp.

Matthew kind of looked at me funny when I did it, but trusting Mommy, he decided to put it to use.


It didn't take him long to call Mommy's bluff.


Yep. He called it.

And Mommy is still laughing at his expression. :o)

3 comments:

Delighted Hands said...

When it comes to computers, get used the fact that they will ALWAYS know more then you! Very cute!

Marsel said...

LOVE that you caught that look on his face!!! What a riot!

pmartens616 said...

Oh my! Laughing so hard my eyes are sweating. :-)