A very awkward intersection just around the corner had caused multiple accidents and poor drainage flooded the roads after heavy rainfall, so they finally decided to fix the problem. Quite thoroughly.
And the huge blessing to us?The dump truck driver was quite glad for a 2-minute turn-around when we asked if we might have a few of the (many hundreds of) loads of dirt they were moving off of the bank.









7 comments:
I didn't realize your soil looks like the GA red clay?! No fun on the laundry front but the kids are having fun, I see!
Just designate one outfit for the fun and let them wear it over and over...it doesn't have to be washed every time if they're just going to wear it back out to the piles! (this is one I've learned from experience!)
My boy would love all of the excitement at your house right now!!!
Good idea, Marsel! I've designated the outfit, but hadn't thought of not bothering to wash it ... :o)
Oh yes, big piles of dirt to climb on and dig in is definitely kid approved! What is your plan for all of the dirt?
Hi Bethany! We have numerous areas where we've had run off that we'd like level out, we're hoping to start a garden and would like to level ground/build terraces for that, and the creek has been majorly washed out ... between those things we'll use most of it, and any extra we'll just spread around ... :o)
How wonderful! What a blessings dirt can be!!! The kids look so cute "conquering" the mountains.
~Christiana
It wasn't just the kids that enjoyed watching the activity. I thought it was kind of interesting also.
Post a Comment