Tuesday, December 2, 2008

What to do with two days off?

Since sleeping in is out of the question when you have two little ones, we made our time off for Thanksgiving extremely productive! What a blessing!


We did "Toy Swap." Since we have been blessed with more toys than we have reasonable space to enjoy on a consistent basis, we keep about 1/3 of them in the attic and rotate every couple months. It's wonderful! It's like Christmas every time we switch. :o) It's amazing how much more life we get out of toys, books, and buddies when they become "new" again every few months. :o)

I cleaned out the kids' closet--packing away and donating outgrown clothes and hanging up Peter's 24-month stuff. I love to see how the Lord provides for all of their needs without breaking our budget every time they switch sizes--be it through hand-me-downs, grandparents, or Safe Harbor! What a blessing!

We reorganized and cleaned out some extra stuff from the attic. Doesn't it look pretty??? :o)

Chris installed a house fan (a long-time pet project!) :o)

And he also finished up the inside trim on the living room and office windows!

Peter enjoyed just sitting and looking out the window (although I'm sure he would have rather have been outside himself!)


Whew! It's encouraging to get some of those items off the to-do list!

3 comments:

Marsel said...

Doesn't it feel great to get so much done?!

cj and family said...

Absolutely! You can just breathe easier. :o)

Peggy said...

I don't think I've ever actually seen in the attic. It looks great!! Just as I've imagined you and Chris would have an attic look like. :-)